RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep! I'm retiring in 3 days time. The GFC delayed it by 2-1/2 years. :(

I have three more afternoon shifts to do, finishing at 11pm on Saturday - then I'm outta there.

Time to start restoring the Series IIA and to get the V-Strom back on the road - it's nearly there (some may recall it was the bike my son was riding when he passed away). I'm thinking of a trip around Australia by bike.

We may do a trip to Europe - Elisabeth wants to see the Swiss town in which she was born. We are also looking into a a cruise to Antarctica early next year.

Now, should we open the bottle of Penfolds Grange http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penfolds_Grange that we have in the wine fridge?

·
Administrator
27,819 Posts
Re: Three days to go!

Congrads big guy! :thumb: Hopefully Elisabeth can put up with you around the house all the time. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
543 Posts

Enjoy P38aRover.

If you've completed an obligatory 40 years of service to this nation, congratulations on that front and hope to continue hearing your down-under contributions ?

I've met and missed a fair few "temporary citizens", some of which have gone completely cold turkey in my time and I'd say crack open the Grange when hit 65 !

Some of us are now working that sewing machine till were 66 or even 67 in my case thanks to 'Ruddy', but at least your move leaves a place for someone else.

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
5,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thanks Vinniman. I've done 45-1/2 years. I started as a trainee radio technician with the Overseas Telecommunications Commission on the day I turned 17 in 1965. I had 37 years with them, then redundancy. That was followed by 8-1/2 years with my current employer, RailCorp, as a signaller controlling trains.

I had 2 days unemployment in that time (finished Friday and started with the railway on the following Monday).

Carl, Elisabeth told me to retire but I think she'll soon tire of me at home.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts

:clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
931 Posts

Hey Ron,heres wishing you a very happy retirement.Enjoy doing all the things you have planned for this time.
Best wishes
John

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts

You have my envy Ron - all that time to play with bikes now !
Since I saw you at Easter I have bought another bike for myself,a 1956 ish Ariel HT5 trials with a modern replica frame to compete on.And Jack and Sarah now have a very smart Yamaha PW80 as an upgrade from the 50.(There is also the RZ500 Yam that my brother has bought for me to play on.)
Just need the time to play......

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
5,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Thanks to everyone for your kind words.

I'm on the final countdown - I have 4 hours left to do here at work tonight then it's out the door!

I certainly won't miss the 11pm-7am shifts! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts