RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that have MY2010:

I took my RRS into the dealer on 4/14 at 8am and by 11am the sw update for Q093 was done. I can't comment on improvemetns as I don't (think) I was having any of the issues the patch was meant to fix... For all I know the dealer just kept the car for a couple hours to make me feel better! Hmmmmmm :think:

When I picked up my RRS, the lead tech gave me a copy of a notice from LR about issues with Sirius. It said there are sw issues particularly for customers who have the "Best Of" package (which I have). There WILL be a sw update at some point but the date is TBD.

According to LR the sytem in MY2010 (and I suspect '06-'09 too) are not XM compatible. The "Best Of" package includes XM channels which our rigs will not pick up hence you may have minor issues. The problem appears to be that of Sirius/XM. They have to figure out a way for customers to receive all signals since pretty much 100% purchased a system (be it in-car or external) for one service or the other... Bad planning if you ask me and not very well thought out by Sirius/XM as I suspect this issue isn't just with LR.

That said, I'm not 100% sure the minor issue I'm having with my Sirius screen is related to the above but I do have the Best Of so I will patiently wait for the sw update.

I hope this is helpful for some of you! :thumb:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have an rrs 06 and I am experiencing a lot of intermittent signal loss as of the last week. I do not have the best of but have noticed a lot of signal loss. Is this what you are getting or something totally different?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
schubox66 said:
I have an rrs 06 and I am experiencing a lot of intermittent signal loss as of the last week. I do not have the best of but have noticed a lot of signal loss. Is this what you are getting or something totally different?
Yes & No. The problem you're experiencing I think is normal as my 2008, my 2010 as well as my XF all seem to loose the signal frequently. On the open road it's fine but driving under bridges, freeway overpasses, in the mountains/under trees and in areas with lots of tall buildings it cuts out more than I feel it should.

The "issue" I'm having with Sirius in the 2010 RRS has to do with the information that appears on the Nav screen. For example when I'm listening to my pres-set stations on SAT 1 the screen indicates I'm on SAT 3 pre-sets and when I'm SAT 2 pre-sets the screen indicates I'm on SAT 1 (there's a total of 3 where you can store 6 favorites on each). Not a huge issue - I didn't even notice it at first but it's these type of sw issues LR is to have an update for... eventually.
:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts