Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there such a thing?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Re: Update GPS maps for Australia????????

It all depends if you have the CD basesd GPS , or if you have upgagrded to DVD based GPS ( which is very easy and plug and play once you have found a DVD unit °
you can find these DVD units with BMW part used part dealers , maybe its going to be a little tough down under , but you should be able to do it .
pls read in this forum the messages about upgrading your GPS .

the old one with CD is now so old maps are not updated .
The DVD ones you can buy maps from BMW dealers still . they are updating every year .

so first of all you need to identify if you have the original system or not .
jaybear

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info.

Turns out I have the old cd version, I will try find out when the last Gps maps for Australia were release on cd.

I found a GPS DVD unit out of a 2007 Range Rover Sport , wondering if this would be plug and play?? (into a 2002 mk3 vogue)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Nah you don’t need it. I have the latest CD in mine, v16 I think. You just have to make sure it’s the VDO dayton carin version. They might tell you it won’t work but it does.

·
Registered
91 Posts
You will need the MKIV GPS DVD based by BMW which was on after 2004 BMW X 5 and series 5 , 7 , and some series 3 BMW's .

and then you will need to buy the proper DVD from BMW dealers ....

The DVD GPS unit from a 2007 RR is NOT at all the same systems and just wont be compatible !!!

Jaybear

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This disc worked fine!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts