RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I ordered a set of oem air struts (LR052866) from a dealer in NV. I've watched a youtube video done by Atlantic British and it was very straightforward. I also found some posts here that offered better solutions/tricks and will incorporate them in the install. Now I also found instructions from the GAP team which says:

If the work is to be done without a vehicle hoist:
· Make sure the vehicle is on a flat and level surface.
· Change the suspension mode to offroad
· Raise the vehicle at maximum height using the Test Valve functions (Adjust Front and/or Rear).
· Install jack stands at the appropriate locations showed in the vehicle’s owner manual**.
· Use the appropriate deflate function found in the service test menu.
· You can now proceed with replacing the strut*.
· When finished, repeat step 3 and remove jack stands.
· Re-Enable the EAS ECU using your IIDTool. (consult the user manual for more details).

After raising it to Offroad height and maxing the height using Test Valve functions then install jack stands, when do you take off the wheels? Do I jack it up first, take off the wheels then put in Offroad mode? Thanks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm assuming you put it in off-road mode first then jack up the car? You put it in off-road mode so the air suspension doesn't level out while you're jacking the car up. I believe it's safer to open a door aswell while jacking the car up in off-road mode.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahh...thanks for the clarification...I'm new to how air struts work on our vehicles. I will follow your advice.

I'm assuming you put it in off-road mode first then jack up the car? You put it in off-road mode so the air suspension doesn't level out while you're jacking the car up. I believe it's safer to open a door aswell while jacking the car up in off-road mode.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts