RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK here we have an P38 with malfunctioning driver door autolock. It would open with the remote but I always have to manually shut it. I got used to it so never minded for fixing it.
Well until two days back the battery drained... Took it out of the car and charged it. Conected it again... Oh shoot the remote has reset itself and the car is now in ant-theft mode... I will have to do the keyturn code entry in the drivers door to engage the remote again and de-activate the anti-theft... Well obviously that does not work since this doorlock part of the car is broken....
Haha is there any soul on this forum who knows how to deal with this rarety in the specific situation. :shock:
Thanks Job

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,756 Posts
It's actually not all that rare due to the number of people who fail to repair their locks and/or remotes. Folks need to remember that the key is the back up for the remote and the remote is the back up for the key. If either fails or starts to act up FIX IT IMMEDIATELY. Options have been covered a few times. Search should pull you up some of the topics.

·
Registered
405 Posts
This happened to me a couple weeks ago. Long long journey for me. Had to get flat-bedded to the dealer for them to plug it in, because the electronics were being extremely temperamental and wouldn't allow me to do anything. Hopefully the same doesn't happen to you! :pray:

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
New door latch mechanism, hopefully the BECM hasn't gone into full lockdown, that requires removal and very expensive software....

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
320 Posts
kingkitesurf said:
car is now in ant-theft mode... I will have to do the keyturn code entry in the drivers door to engage the remote again and de-activate the anti-theft...
Funny thing is, I took the battery out a gazillion times to recharge it, and never had to use the Emergency Key Activation once. I've always put that down to having a Dutch car where LR disabled this feature, but apparently this isn't so...(unless yours is an import).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts