RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
98 4.6 auto - really warm today so I used the fob to unlock and holding the button expected the windows to drop as usual - er no - the air suspension dropped a bit thinking it had simply settled to auto level i ppressed the unlock button again and again it lowered further and for a 3rd time weird and no the windows did not roll down

·
LEGACY VENDOR
4,218 Posts
The windows won't roll down on a lazy unlock.

The windows/sunroof will only CLOSE if you lazy lock (press/hold the button, or turn/hold the key in the lock)

The Lazy Unlock feature only works with the remote when the vehicle has been superlocked, and it will then only move the seat/mirrors (where memory seats/mirrors are fitted) to the memory position that relates to the key # eg Key 1 used to unlock, memory 1 recalled).

It's never been implemented to my knowledge of the windows opening when pressing and holding the button on unlock.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
The Lazy Unlock feature only works with the remote when the vehicle has been superlocked, and it will then only move the seat/mirrors (where memory seats/mirrors are fitted) to the memory position that relates to the key # eg Key 1 used to unlock, memory 1 recalled).
Hi Marty- do you know offhand if the Lazy Unlock/ memory seat & mirror thing still works if the superlock motors have had the snip? As I work around the VSE I'm snipping as I go and, until I've finished, don't want to go anywhere near Superlock to test!

·
LEGACY VENDOR
4,218 Posts
Yes, it should do - there are no other switches in doors or anything like that to monitor if the latches have gone into superlock mode.

Superlock mode is controlled by the BECM - activates the ultrasonic sensor inside the car, superlocks the door latches etc. If the door latches have the wires disconnected, then when superlock is activated, the BECM will trigger the latches to superlock, but they just won't do it. The BECM will assume the doors are all superlocked as it's told them no and has no confirmation they have or not. The rest of the superlocking features will activate/work as normal.

That's the theory anyway!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts