RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Quick question: I just noticed that under my vehicle, a 3-pronged female plug had come undone. It plugs into a 3-pronged male socket on the underside of the engine/transmission area. It is kindof banana shaped. I should have taken a picture of it but I didn't have a camera on me.

Anyway, I was undoubtedly driving around with it unplugged for an unknown amount of time. The plug itself wasn't covered in dirt/grime like the rest of the underside of the vehicle, so it obviously came unplugged semi-recently.

What exactly does it do, and should I be concerned about the fact that I was driving around with it unplugged? Is there a way I can make sure it stays plugged in? It didn't seem to click into place or anything, so I have no way of ensuring that it doesn't come undone again.

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
139 Posts
..i have seen same on my car, and i have no idea where it goes as well..but car runs just fine with no problems of any kind..and its like that for some time...there is simply, nowhere to plug that thing in..im curious to hear what is it for..

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,773 Posts
I seriously doubt it would be an O2 sensor. An unplugged O2 would throw code(s). Since it appears at least two folks have this mystery plug, how about one of you snap a photo of the plug and the area around it so we have something to go on.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I seriously doubt it would be an O2 sensor. An unplugged O2 would throw code(s). Since it appears at least two folks have this mystery plug, how about one of you snap a photo of the plug and the area around it so we have something to go on.
I intend on it, I just haven't had an opportunity to do so since I last posted. I will do so as soon as I get the chance.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
139 Posts
..ill snap pic this weekend, and upload..in my case, cable doesnt go to exaust side at all...its just hanging from rest of the wiring loom, but there is literally, no counterpart connector of any kind, in range of hanging cable length..i have show that to local servicers, who use to work for Land Rover, and they are clueless or doesnt know their job, but, whatever case may be, car runs perfect without any single trouble, and im having it for a very long time..

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Since it appears at least two folks have this mystery plug, how about one of you snap a photo of the plug and the area around it so we have something to go on.
Sorry for such a delay! Here are two photos of the cable, plugged back in to it's socket. The plug in question is in the middle of the photos, which appears to have a "T" on the plastic portion. Hope this helps!

IMG_20140710_075314.jpg

IMG_20140710_075346.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts