RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am busy unbodging my coil car to go back on bags and I have a question regarding the plumbing...
The cretin that removed the system seems to have chewed the pipes off at the valve block as there is no colour coding or any form of marking, not to mention the ends of the pipes are badly mangled, so I am left trying to re identify the pipes as to which is where so I can splice in the necessary bits from the donor car.

The bundle that comes out the block and runs down the left chassis rail has 4 pipes, and I have identified the 2 rear bags and the 4mm exhaust line, the 4th pipe runs into the fitting in the end of the tank, so that is all happy. The lines for the forward bags were removed and they will come with the bags, pump, valve body etc that I am swapping my springs for, so that is sorted.

Now to the problem pipe..... I have another pipe that runs forward along the right chassis rail from aft of the fuel filter, above the EAS tank, up behind the radiator header tank, across behind the engine and around the back of the rectangular canister in the left rear corner of the engine bay that has me stumped. It terminates in a smaller diameter ferrule, also plastic like the line is, but pushed inside the line. It was stuck in one of the holes in the chassis adjacent to the canister when I bought the car.
If I blow into it, it pressurises and vents out when I stop blowing so I assume it goes to the/a tank, too, but there is only one pipe in the EAS tank, so how and where does it connect??:confused:
Is it possibly connected to the fuel vent system?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Just thinking, are you sure thats not part of the Early Fuel Evap system and should be connected to the charcoal canister. If you blow into that pipe it will pressurize the tank a little and blow back when you stop.
Be very careful blowing into lines you dont know where they go, they can spit back some unknown possibly very poisonous liquids back at you.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
what about lines to the air dryer?, also there is a line which runs from the valve block, to the front of the frame under or near radiator, to the right and them to the front right air bag.
the rave gives you tag color, routing and orientation of every air line.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just thinking, are you sure thats not part of the Early Fuel Evap system and should be connected to the charcoal canister. If you blow into that pipe it will pressurize the tank a little and blow back when you stop.
Be very careful blowing into lines you dont know where they go, they can spit back some unknown possibly very poisonous liquids back at you.
The charcoal canister has the 2 lines connected, but further digging has me convinced that it is a fuel tank vent line, though, why it merely ends with the pipe stuffed in a handy chassis hole is beyond me.
I was careful to blow lightly and point the pipe away from my glorious countenance on releasing..:thumb:
Evap canister line would be my guess too.
Thanks, see above!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts