RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

One of my friend would like to make an uniqe roof rack for his Range Rover, and maybe could you help me out? Could somebody help me with some correct dimensions/patterns of the rack installing points (i don't know how is it called in English) on the roof, because i haven't find anything about that on the net.

Thanks,

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
241 Posts
Would be hard to do one from measurements, the roof bows in both directions, you'd need the car to make sure it fitted right...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know that it's difficult because of that, and we have a car to make these measurements, but i thought, that maybe someone have a official (or not) drawing about this part of the car. Maybe can you give me some advice, how could i get a drawing about this car? (if it's on the internet)

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
241 Posts
Can not see why you want a drawing if you have a car, just build it to fit....

Never seen a drawing for a roof rack...

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
Perhaps something is lost in translation? You obviously don't need the "dimensions/patterns of the rack installing points" since you have those at your finger tips. Are you actually looking for the dimensions/patterns for the factory mounts/clamps on an existing rack?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Basically it would be much easier to make a rack from a given drawing, that's why i looked for one.
On the other hand, yes, the dimensions from an existing rack would be good. (at first i looked for the dimensions of the factory mounts on the car)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts