RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched around but I can't find anyone who has experienced the same.

I recently changed the rear discs and pads on the back of my '55 RRS supercharged and noticed that the handbrake assembly was loose and the pins holding it in place needed replacing.

I needed to use the car whilst the parts came so I just removed the whole assembly and instructed my wife not to use the handbrake..... She did!

I built it all back up correctly with the new pins but now when you try to engage it make a horrifically loud noise in a Morse code like sequence as it goes dot dot dot dash dash dot dot dot, but doesn't engage.

I did use the manual release when fitting them as the cables needed slacking off due to the missis pressing it.

It is trying to engage so I know the module is trying to work.

It now needs an MOT so I really need to fix it, please help!!

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have searched around but I can't find anyone who has experienced the same.

I recently changed the rear discs and pads on the back of my '55 RRS supercharged and noticed that the handbrake assembly was loose and the pins holding it in place needed replacing.

I needed to use the car whilst the parts came so I just removed the whole assembly and instructed my wife not to use the handbrake..... She did!

I built it all back up correctly with the new pins but now when you try to engage it make a horrifically loud noise in a Morse code like sequence as it goes dot dot dot dash dash dot dot dot, but doesn't engage.

I did use the manual release when fitting them as the cables needed slacking off due to the missis pressing it.

It is trying to engage so I know the module is trying to work.

It now needs an MOT so I really need to fix it, please help!!
Without knowing which year you are referring to ('55).. I would venture to say that your EPB Actuator failed. If this is the case you are in for at least $1600-$1700 to replace.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts