RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone-

i went to the dealer multiple times for the squeaky brakes issue - my 2014 rrs sup has 49k miles on it - finally they stated there is a tsb out for this and they exchanged the front pads to eliminate the squeak. What i found odd was that they told me my front pads were at 8/32 at 49k miles, but my rears were at 2/32 and in need of replacement. I drive about 150 highway miles a day, and I can make sense of the front pad wear being low, but what do you think would account for the rears to be consumed at a quicker rate? Additionally, did anyone who had this tsb have only the fronts replaced? or all four? final question, i was quoted 800 dollars for rear pads, rotors, and sensors - 400 for pads only. Any advise on this? Remember that i drive about 3 miles to an on ramp/off ramp locally, and the remaining is all highway miles. Looking forward to hearing from you guys.

Raj

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had 8000 miles on my Rover and I had the front pads and rotors replaced due to the TSB! It took a call to JLRNA to finally get the process moving but they made the replacement. I also saw the paint coming off of my rear calipers, they replaced those too under warranty because of my call but didn't replace rear pads or rotors.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They did replace the front brakes/rotors and that has taken care of the issue of squealing. Still have no clue why my rear brakes wore so much faster. The dealer recommended new rotors/pads/sensors - they stated that they have the manufacturer has moved on to one time use rotors and that Id def be underspec by the next brake change (however ive made it to 49k without going underspec which is usually twice the amount of time people change their brakes and ive never had the sensors comes on - im thinking of doing the pads only.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts