Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
Optional. Defenders and Disco had them available as well. I've never seen one in person.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,414 Posts
I have seen them on recent south african imports, originally I thought it was a well made aftermarket until I saw them twice again. they look really robust.
D2's have something along those lines as well.

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Once again, thanks for the replies. Its off the Xmas list in that case!

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
228 Posts
I have seen them on recent south african imports, originally I thought it was a well made aftermarket until I saw them twice again. they look really robust.
D2's have something along those lines as well.

My D2 has one, complete with some dings...

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
My D2 has one, complete with some dings...
all d2's had them, prior to that, some south african models imported to the states have had them.
they are in lieu of skid plates, protection is marginal compared to skid plates. better than no protection at all.

·
Registered
228 Posts
some south african models imported to the states.
How do you guys get around the LHD/RHD thing?
Here in SA, if a car is on the current vehicle register you might be able to sell it on with minimal fuss at licensing as a left hooker, but forget about importing and registering one.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I have never owned a RHD unit, being a mechanic I have driven quite a few RHD units and know a few owners of them, the biggest concern with imports of "non conforming" vehicles to the US is the build date. they must be 21 yrs old, that way they are considered classics or antiques and many rules, laws and regulations become "relaxed". many people here see a RHD vehicle as a novelty and as far I have knowledge there are not existing regulations on either side drive.
if you so pleased, you could go to the local dealership brand of your choice and custom order a new RHD vehicle.

·
Registered
228 Posts
OK, thanks!

·
Premium Member
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
1,501 Posts
...the biggest concern with imports of "non conforming" vehicles to the US is the build date. they must be 21 yrs old...
Isn’t that 25 years or older for the US?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts