Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am new to the forum, just wanted to say hi. I had a question, just bought a 2007 RRS S/C with 61k miles. The SUV is from Chicago & I am in Texas. What I noticed that the undercarriage was a bit rusted. I know it's due to the salt on the roads from the snow storms they have up north. I have attached couple of pictures for further clarification. Any help or suggetions would be appreciated. Also, I am out of country for 6 months, would this need to be taken care of right away. I mean it's not gonna turn into a pile of rust by the time I get back right? `)

Thanks!

Kurush

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
Nothing to worry about there. I had an 05 LR3 HSE that had the same thing (and it was a truck from the south), and at one point I freaked out about it and took it to the dealer, etc. Places you'll see surface corrosion on a northern car are the exhaust, the differentials, and perhaps the tow hitch area and frame rails under the truck. Everyone at the time assured me it is fine, normal, and not to worry. Of course, I did worry about it, but eventually made peace w/ it. I would NOT worry about anything I see in those pics above, AT ALL. I would however look at the frame rails under the car, make sure they're not rusting thru (there probably are rust spots on the spot welds and joints). You can always do what I did which is clean it and spray the hitch area and frame rails under the truck with flat black rustoleum (being very careful not to overspray on anything).

Show us some pics of the topside !

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response nash! Sitting here I've only seen this SUV in pictures. Although my wife has driven it & loved it so far. I got one of my good friends who owns a shop to look at the truck & he told me it was perfect. I did think about cleaning it the mentioned products in a couple of forums in this site. Honestly I've been just reading up on things on this site & it's been very informative. Can't wait to go back & drive it.!! Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sport utility vehicle Range rover
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sport utility vehicle Automotive tire

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.