RangeRovers.net Forum banner

161 - 180 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Wow that’s a dark combo.
305s on stock 22s? That’s pretty wide...how much are the sidewallls bulge-ing? Like those tires...how’s the ride quality and noise though? Speedo off? Any rubbing?

So X7 better than the L405? I was looking at that while shopping for L405 albeit never got into the X7. But the looks of the X7 resembling more like mini van (Rear specifically) cancelled that one for me

·
Registered
20 L405 5.0, G07 M50i, 718 GT4
16 Posts
Wow that’s a dark combo.
305s on stock 22s? That’s pretty wide...how much are the sidewallls bulge-ing? Like those tires...how’s the ride quality and noise though? Speedo off? Any rubbing?

So X7 better than the L405? I was looking at that while shopping for L405 albeit never got into the X7. But the looks of the X7 resembling more like mini van (Rear specifically) cancelled that one for me
Thanks! Yes 305's, stock 22's. They are not bulging too bad to my eyes. I ran this exact same tire on my previous 17 5.0 L405 OEM wheels for 18,000 miles. No rubbing in any modes. Ride quality is OEM, noise however is more noticeable. It is not an uncomfortable sound, just a very slight hum that you can hear. Speedo is actually spot on now. It was 2 MPH off from factory.

When I wanted to get out of the G, I test drove X7 and L405(again) as I had just had one before the G, and the X7 handly won. The sound, extra room, amenities, tech, and road handling were top notch. I like a slightly more aggressive driving type vehicle, and the X7 provided that. Everything just flowed so well on the X7 I had to have it. The thing that surprised me most, is to me the X7 was quieter than the Range. The only thing I felt I lost from the L405 was the off roading capability, although my X7 can handle light fire-roads, and not too aggressive trails just fine, and the commanding view of the road the L405 provides. Attached is my X7 M50i in Tanzanite Blue with Vossen wheels.

6A40F2DE-4852-4338-825C-D495C5372835.jpeg
A29057F0-5583-4F48-802F-D8A11189D39A.jpeg
F187FC2A-E51B-419E-94C0-F0B1D8B15AE4.jpeg
4432FD35-58EE-42E2-ADA3-AAF868C4162A.jpeg

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
940 Posts
We are back in a L405. Short stint with a 2020 G550(Hated it). I replaced it with 2020 X7M50i (By far best vehicle I have owned), and wife upgraded her LR4 to this British Racing Green 5.0. We swapped on some Terra Grapplers 305/40/22. I also just installed the factory tow hitch and roof rails. Looking forward to many trips in this rig.
View attachment 287111 View attachment 287112 View attachment 287113 View attachment 287114
I'm really liking the look of those 305/40R22 Grapplers!!!

·
Registered
479 Posts
How are the terra grapplers in the snow/ice? Now you have me contemplating a set of those on my winter 21”

ps....once the new RR comes out I’d be willing to bet it will leapfrog the X7 again In comfort and quiet etc. L405 has been around quite a while.

·
Registered
16 Posts
How are the terra grapplers in the snow/ice? Now you have me contemplating a set of those on my winter 21”

ps....once the new RR comes out I’d be willing to bet it will leapfrog the X7 again In comfort and quiet etc. L405 has been around quite a while.
We really like the tire. Overall, I really recommend the tire. Knock on wood, they haven't let us down or put us in a dangerous situation. Also, for most off-road trails that we do, they are all that is needed. We ran them on my wife's LR4 in 285/40/20 before as well. Overall, the snow/ice with this wide of width is not their strong suite, narrower would be better if using them as a dedicated setup that way. We used to get a bunch of snow here where we live, but past few years it has been so mild, I do not feel necessary to keep another set around. A nice all terrain like the terra grappler can more than handle the winter load. One thing I remember is the acceleration was not the issue with this tire, it was more of the emergency stopping. This tire would slide a little bit compared to a true snow.

Agree. We are very much looking forward to see what Land Rover brings to the table to replace the L405. We love this body design. The functionality is on point, great motor, command driving position, and still has great road presence.

·
Registered
479 Posts
What goes in the roof thing?

·
Registered
16 Posts
What goes in the roof thing?
The roof box holds all of our tenting gear. (Tent, blow up mattresses, chairs, sleeping bags, other small things) With three younger kids, we are loaded to the brim.

·
Registered
5 Posts
what wheels are those? Taken off of a Rolls?
They're custom made for the Range Rover. I found these whilst looking at rims for my Rolls and thought they would look pretty good on the Range Rover, so contacted the factory and they were willing to make them to fit. They came with Range Rover centre caps but I also asked for the Rolls-Royce ones just for fun. I quite dig the look to be honest. :D

·
Registered
479 Posts
Turbo...is that access height? My Range never looks as low as some others running 22s.

I made my own floating Range Rover Center caps since I always liked the Rolls floating caps. Always debating running those wheels since RR also works with the Range Rover

·
Registered
5 Posts
Turbo...is that access height? My Range never looks as low as some others running 22s.

I made my own floating Range Rover Center caps since I always liked the Rolls floating caps. Always debating running those wheels since RR also works with the Range Rover
Yes, it's at access height so that's why it looks low.

It's been a while since I've washed the car as it's rainy season over here, figured I'd do it all in one go once it stops raining, I apologize for that.

Anyway, here's what it looks like at normal ride height.

InkedIMG_20200623_131154_LI.jpg

·
Registered
2020 SVAutobiography
31 Posts
161 - 180 of 188 Posts