Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
First it was the airbag area on the dash that started cracking which i was told was normal to these rr's but now this very ugly crack came on from no where and its really killin me. Sad part is the car is out of warranty. So was wondering if there is some kinda diy for getting it off.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
123 Posts
wow, that is a nasty one. have to ask: did you ever use any kind of protectant? (I use a lot of super shine protectant, hoping to avoid that) another question, ever an accident or a lot of mountain climbing that would twist the body a lot?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope not a lot of mountain climbing and never any accidents. I think it's the protectant that I rarely used combined with the hot weather.

New dash, you're right it's too pricey. Wudnt go for that, but i think there is a way to fix it I am just not sure which products to use.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,015 Posts
Even though yours may bee too large to do much about it now, here in the US there are companies that specialize in repairing hairline cracks in leather, vinyl, etc. Example: Fibrenew. Not sure if you can find similar services in the UAE, ask a body shop and see if they know of any. Nobody - not even these companies - will touch cracks around the airbag though, for safety reasons.

·
Registered
123 Posts
the airbag cracks look acceptable to me, I guess as long as they follow all the way and complete the crack, like shahid's. I was just at my local dealer this week for 5 yr/60k service, and noticed all the new rovers I saw come with a leather dash, and they have a seam/factory 'crack' that follows the passenger airbag. I guess they figure save the owner from complaining later. the factory seam is just like shahid's, all the way around like in two sections but yeah that other crack needs to be repaired somehow. please keep us posted

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Airbag crack is fine for me too since it looks ok or balanced but the other one makes me crazy and believe it or not it just took one night for that much. There was nothing as such on it earlier.

Yeah I went to a whole lot of body shops and they tell me it can be repaired but no one knows for sure who the expert is and honestly I don't wanna take any risks on this one.

I will definitely keep u guys updated @ mark. And hopefully will find a solution ;)

·
Registered
2006 Range Rover Sport HSE
81 Posts
If you don't already use one, you should definitely use a sun-screen on the front window whenever you park, especially in UAE since it gets pretty hot.

·
Banned
901 Posts
Have you thought of getting the dash (re)covered in leather or alacantra? It would be an upgrade and maybe cheaper than a new dash.

BTW Do RRS 08+ come standard with leather upper dash like the 08+ L322

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yup putting on some kinda cover is the 2nd option that I have. Just got a call from a friend of mine who owns a workshop to bring the car in as he has found some one who can repair this. Let's c...

Wish me luck.... :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.