RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headliner on my 2010 Supercharged Sport (which is in great shape) with the waffle-ey new style headliner fabric is starting to fall.  Ironically on the drivers side above drivers head.  <br><br>This -- btw -- after the same crap on a 2001 Discovery, 2003 Discovery, 2005 LR3, 2009 LR3, 2009 RRSport.    Only Rovers I had that did *not* do this were a 2010 LR4 and 2012 LR4. <br><br>Has anyone had any luck having this recovered?   First of all I can't believe this is still an issue.   Go rover go :)   Still love the truck though.<br><br>It's not the normal "felt" headliner fabric, it's the more modern waffle style.  Anyone know where to get this fabric or if I'm just better off buying a new one from Rover (ugh $$$$$$)<br><br>Thanks !!!!

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
Anytime you have a headliner with a backing material on the showing fabric it is going to fail in hot humid climates like yours. It is the backing material that fails then separates. It is not the headliner form nor the adhesive. It is not limited to Land Rover products nor are you alone.

As far as recovering it is certainly an option. There is a huge amount of prep involved in prep to ensure the headliner form is completely free of all headliner backing materials. This is where suede type materials are a huge success as there is no backing material to fail and separate.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
It's actually a really easy headliner to recover considering it's size. I tore mine out at 6 months old and did suede left over from a different project. As long as it's done with correct adhesive and as toad stated you must clean all the old material off.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
480 Posts
In the meantime, a quarter inch staple will hold it in place and stop the drop; hardly noticeable.

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
If you want something a little more creative you can always hit the local crafts store for bejeweled themed thumb tacks. My mother had butterfly and flower tacks in her Fleetwood before I recovered it. It was a hit with a few of her coffee clan! :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts