RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a used 2010 range rover supercharged and when i got it, the TPMS had an issue with the right rear tire. I brought it back to the dealer (not a Land Rover Dealer) and when it came back, instead of fixing the problem, i have the following message on my dash when i start the vehicle. "Tyre Pressure Monitoring not available". I had all the sensors tested by a tire shop and they all work. does anyone know how to get my TPMS back on line? i have made several long trips with it since, so recalibration is not an issue.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Battery in one of the sensors. If you're hell bent on getting this resolved at a dealer, it will cost about as much as a new set of 4 tires to replace 4 TPMS sensors. Depending on your tread wear, you may want to wait until you can get them both done at the same time.

I've had this message appear a handful of times (less than every 50 starts) but if it became more persistent (my tires are nearly new) I'd heavily consider using this moment, and money, to buy an IID+ tool and deactivate the TPMS (and customize many other features) until I'm ready for tires.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,194 Posts
Are all the sensors original to the truck? LR uses two different frequencies 315Mhz and 433Mhz, with the 433Mhz being used in the 2014 and later NA range rovers. (Don't know where you are- European LRs use 433Mhz for all years I think). That being said if this problem popped up after replacing tires, wheels or TPMS sensors then check your frequencies.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I had the same issue. All sensors were new genuine. It ended up being the module. Wasnt that $$. Plug and play.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it should still be under warranty, i will have to try that out. all the sensors work.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had the same issue. All sensors were new genuine. It ended up being the module. Wasnt that $$. Plug and play.
where is the module located? it wouldn't surprise me if they just disconnected it on me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
where is the module located? it wouldn't surprise me if they just disconnected it on me.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Up to 2009 its located next to the fuse panel in the right rear compartment next to the auxilliary Fuse panel, Its a 4 or 5" square box with 3 electrical connectors along one edge, and two mounting tabs on the sides. 2012's may be the same, I don't have a manual for anything beyond 2009 (manual says 2010 but I don't see anything about the 5.0L engines in it).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so I decided to try unplugging the battery for ten minutes. when i plugged it back in, the TPMS was back working again, however still had the original error message of right rear tire low. All my tires are at the same pressure so i am hoping if i continue to drive like that it may recalibrate itself and start to work properly again. Am I being a little presumptuous? The tire shop said all the tire monitors were working fine, so the problem has to be with the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
My rear tires are specified at 6 PSI higher than my fronts 42 psi vs 36 psi. Check your door label to make sure yours are supposed to be the same pressure. Also spin your spare tire around so the valve is pointing forwards or backwards, sometimes the spare TPMS can be closer to the antenna than the driven wheel or its battery can be a little more powerful and the antenna on one of the rear wheels picks it up instead of the driven wheel. Its especially possible if the alarm comes up as soon as you start the car, but never returns while your driving. Fill the spare to the specified pressure for the rear tires.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My rear tires are specified at 6 PSI higher than my fronts 42 psi vs 36 psi. Check your door label to make sure yours are supposed to be the same pressure. Also spin your spare tire around so the valve is pointing forwards or backwards, sometimes the spare TPMS can be closer to the antenna than the driven wheel or its battery can be a little more powerful and the antenna on one of the rear wheels picks it up instead of the driven wheel. Its especially possible if the alarm comes up as soon as you start the car, but never returns while your driving. Fill the spare to the specified pressure for the rear tires.
thanks, i will try that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts