RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if it is possible to order or modify a 2010 RR S/C so that you can just have the two chairs and open space in the middle. I am torn between an Autobiography edition RR and a new 2010 G55 and one thing I don't like about either is the tumbling seats (as opposed to folding flat). Since I have TWO Great Danes, I need all the space I can get so I either have to Magyver a way to make the "60" part of the bench seat easy to remove and put in again or have two "40" seats with the middle open.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Also, anyone get the dual-view screen working over here in the colonies?? :)
Thanks!

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
DWiggs said:
Does anyone know if it is possible to order or modify a 2010 RR S/C so that you can just have the two chairs and open space in the middle. I am torn between an Autobiography edition RR and a new 2010 G55 and one thing I don't like about either is the tumbling seats (as opposed to folding flat). Since I have TWO Great Danes, I need all the space I can get so I either have to Magyver a way to make the "60" part of the bench seat easy to remove and put in again or have two "40" seats with the middle open.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Also, anyone get the dual-view screen working over here in the colonies?? :)
Thanks!
Install 2 leather bucket seats. Of course that'll look custom but if that's what you need.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Since the backseat is a 60/40. The 60 could be modified to be a 40 so you end up with a 40/40 with some metal and leather work.

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
texige said:
Since the backseat is a 60/40. The 60 could be modified to be a 40 so you end up with a 40/40 with some metal and leather work.
Absolutely. Any decent restoration shop should be able to bang that project out in a business day. Hunt up a shop that does concours restoration of older cars. If you call uphostry shops don't be surprised if they jsut laugh.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys; that's a really good idea. Don't know why I didn't think of it.

Now I just need to decide if the savings on a used 2010 is worth not having the interior i want (Jet black over Ivory) instead of plain Ivory.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I traded a G55 for my Range Rover. They are both great cars but very different. The G is more of a toy. The G doesn't ride nearly as well and is not really suitable for trips IMO but they are a fun vehicle.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I can't stand the look of the G55. The Range Rover is beautiful in comparison.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
305 Posts
texige said:
I traded a G55 for my Range Rover. They are both great cars but very different. The G is more of a toy. The G doesn't ride nearly as well and is not really suitable for trips IMO but they are a fun vehicle.
Same here. I mean WTF, no tow capacity????? The rear seats were smaller than my sport. The ride was ridiculous, like I was in my Defender but with a nicer interior.
But it's still totally cool looking though, and if I had money to just have another "me" car sitting around, than I would have kept it, but...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts