RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
1 Posts
I’ve had this problem come up a few times with my 2006 RRS. It seems to only occur when I park in my steep driveway. A friend guessed it might have to do with the transmission so he recommended I set the parking brake in neutral before I shift it into park when parking. It worked like a charm until last month. Usually, all I had to do was move the shifter from park to drive once or twice and it would go. But this last time, after sitting in the driveway for 1/2 hour, I tried slamming the shifter from neutral to park hoping it was more a mechanical problem than electrical and it worked!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Folks,

After changing the rear brake PADS and rotors, I had the vehicle set to maintenance mode in order to set the new internal drums for the parking brake which needed the transmission in neutral to turn the rotor to access the mechanical setting. The radio was on while in maintenance mode and the effort took much longer than three minutes. Apparently, after three minutes, the ECU triggers the
"Low Battery please start vehicle" notice on the dash. To resolve, placed the vehicle on a 6 Amps trickle charger as I replaced the left rear rotor/pads and front brake pads ~ 2 hours. Then, tested the voltage while the trickle was on and indicated 15.2 V. So I thought everything would be allright and disconnected the trickle charger. Later, proceeded to test the new brake job and the vehicle will not allow to turn over. To my dismay, suffered the low battery indicator again, the voltage tested out at 12.8 V. I plan to leave the trickle on using the 2 AMP slow charge overnight per the members forum recommendations.

The RRS is a 2011, and so with the forum's multiple hits on the same year for the same problem, could have stumbled upon a software issue that is causing the ECU to set a state that can only be corrected by the dealer. Thoughts?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Perhaps you just have a bad battery that won't hold a charge anymore. If your 2011 is still on the original Varta cell, it's probably time for a new one.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts