RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. So... My mum has just bought a pristine P38 30th Anniversary which has all the bells & whistles. It has the TVs in the headrests and has had the stock video cassette player replaced with a DVD player. The front screen has also been replaced with a Sony screen which you can play the DVDs on (when stationary only, obviously ;) ). Among the booklets that came with it was a manual for a TV tuner (being a few years old, it would be an analogue unit so might not pick up much signal any longer in the UK). The plan is to take this unit out and replace it with a digital TV tuner: sounds simple. However - can we find it? No... Any clues where it might be hidden? We've checked the centre console where the VCR was, next to the Sat Nav unit in the boot (which is also not connected to the front screen) and in the box above the multichanger. Is there anywhere else we should look? Or should we assume it was also removed when the DVD unit was added?

Any input or suggestions greatly appreciated! `)

·
Registered
269 Posts
i have found them in discos above the headliner....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tango said:
Why not follow the cable from the antenna and see where it goes? I'm assuming it's the same set up thats on mine of course, with the antenna on the rear of the roof
Good thinking! `) Took the panels off and found a couple of wires leading to where the sat nav goes, but no joy yet. Didn't have too much time to take all the panels necessary to follow it to its source, but we'll keep looking!

I assume it could well be the same setup, but you never know with these cars... Nice RR btw. Just out of interest, did you have to update the tuner/aerial to continue receiving a signal?

NikeCheck246 said:
i have found them in discos above the headliner....
Uh oh... Hopefully thats only in discos! `)

·
Registered
269 Posts
rob82 said:
I assume it could well be the same setup, but you never know with these cars... Nice RR btw. Just out of interest, did you have to update the tuner/aerial to continue receiving a signal?
I don't know of any update thats been done, also not sure if it still works. I've not used the TV for nearly a year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts