RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck is touching 150K and I was thinking of turning the engine immobilizing logic off from the BECM and keeping the rest of the Alarm functions. After reading number of posts here on the subject, I was under the impression that this is a simple process that can be done at a shop with Testbook or similar equipment. I contacted the local Indy shop this morning to be told that it cannot be done. Is this true?
FYI, the only issue I have is the occasional "Alarm triggered" message on the display.
As always, any help on the subject would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
218 Posts
This certainly possible with a Faultmate. It is a function in the BECM page and is just q matter of unchecking the correct box. I have done this on mine.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Rewmer said:
This certainly possible with a Faultmate. It is a function in the BECM page and is just q matter of unchecking the correct box. I have done this on mine.
I would read carefully what ticking that box actually does.AFAIK it only turns off the passive self arming feature.In other words the vehicle is still immmobilized when locked.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
John W said:
Rewmer said:
I would read carefully what ticking that box actually does.AFAIK it only turns off the passive self arming feature.In other words the vehicle is still immmobilized when locked.

That is basically what the Indy guy said. The immobilization function is integrated to the BECM software that there isn't a clear cut way to tun it off. My car doesn't have the passive arming feature turned on.
Found this Page from the Blackbox-solutions site and couldn't find any way to disable this feature:

https://www.blackbox-solutions.com/shop/help/SM022.html

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Just been through the replace the becm due to lockout and my unit not having an EKA and being too old to be able to be unlocked (94 build car). So basically it can't be disabled, as I went to great efforts to ensure the fault wouldn't come back on the new becm, and this was one thing I couldn't get around.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks JSP, good to know for certain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts