RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been doing some research on where to take the 4.6 and turners offer H180 Sports Torque Kent Camshaft upgrade, is anyone using this set up and would you recommend it ?

·
Premium Member
1,333 Posts
Both Kent and Piper have good camshafts for the Rover V8. Either the 180 of high torque (which is what I'm using). If you're looking for parts and good advice, check out www.v8tuner.co.uk. A small business with a lot of knowledge and Paul is always happy to help or have a chat. I got all my parts for my 5.0 build from him, after lengthy discussions about the best combination.

Filip

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
359 Posts
Don't do it!!

I've got the Kent180 cam in mine, I regret it.
You loose quite a bit of bottom end power, it comes to life at about 3500rpm and goes very well till about 5500rpm, the auto shifts then.

I won't say it's under powered below 3500rpm, but it's a bit sluggisch, and the throttle response isn't great.

The Kent 180 cam is good on the highway tho, overtaking goes easy.
For non highway and/or towing I wouldn't put a Kent180 in her.

I've got two 4.6's one in a P38 and one in a Disco 1, that has the camshaft of a 3.9 in her, I prefer the 4.6 in the Disco over the P38, just because it's so smooth, but it's out of breath at about 3500rpm

·
LEGACY VENDOR
4,198 Posts
I’ve been doing some research on where to take the 4.6 and turners offer H180 Sports Torque Kent Camshaft upgrade, is anyone using this set up and would you recommend it ?
I went with a Piper Torquemax cam in my 4.6 when I rebuilt it. Pretty happy with it - you can feel there is a lot more pull as soon as it hits 2000rpm, which is great around town/on hills and the likes. If I were building another one, then I would definitely look at fitting one again.

·
Registered
134 Posts
D&D Fabrications in the US has an excellent cam for truck applications. I used it on my Disco I and was very happy with the result. I don't think that a camshaft optimized to maximize power at the high end of the RPM range is a good idea on a Rover V8. The heads and valvetrain are ill suited for this kind of endeavor.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Did 250km of driving today on windy roads, when the speed goes below 80km/h I have to put her in 3rd if I want to have a bit of throttle response...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts