RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Velos Tuning, what is the precautions not to brick the ecm on a l494 ecm write?

Regards!

·
Vendor
85 Posts
Hey,

Actually via this method it is not possible. We do a read, edit, and write process where we keep the original file in place at all times. When going back to stock you are simply following the same procedures but loading the OEM file. We use this tool and the way we do the programming, etc you have no worries.

Please feel free to give me a call 786-401-6520 if you have any other questions.

All the best.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I heard if you don't have enough battery power or if the Range Rover has many ECM faults it may brick the ecm. Is it normal for range Rover to have the dash be turned on and off 5 or so tines during the the write process?

Thank you for sharing your insight, for us worry worts..

·
Vendor
85 Posts
I heard if you don't have enough battery power or if the Range Rover has many ECM faults it may brick the ecm. Is it normal for range Rover to have the dash be turned on and off 5 or so tines during the the write process?

Thank you for sharing your insight, for us worry worts..
Hey sorry for the late reply. Didn't catch this one.

That is incorrect. In the rare event someone does an upgrade and decides for whatever reason NOT to use a battery stabilizer that we provide then there is a chance of the write process failing. If this were to occur the ECU would NOT be “bricked” with our solution. It would go into a recovery mode and then with a stabilizer connected you would do the recovery process to program the vehicle back to stock and then proceed with the Modified file we send. I understand your question completely but this will not be a problem with our solution.

You can feel free to contact me anytime at the office 786-401-6520 or you can reach me at [email protected]

Hope this helps :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts