RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching desperatly for a couple of days now, but no luck. What I want to know is EXACTLY what each mode in the terrain response system does for my newly acquired 2013 RR Sport.

I know that "snow" dampens throttle response and starts in second gear, but I want to know more. What does this mean for the diffs, do they lock at a certain slip? Do the gear changes happen more slowly/quicker/what? What happens with the traction control?

Where can I find the technical description of all this? I can find plenty sales brochures with sweeping statements like "to prevent wheelspin", but nothing about exactly how.

Yes, I'm a nerd, but please? Anyone?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now, that was exactly what I was looking for. Thank you sooo much from a snowy Sweden. I just tried out the "snow" setting with great succes in about 25 cm of loose snow.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
708 Posts
No problems - I have another document that is a PDF but there does not seem to be a way of uploading it.

The Manage Attachment icon just produces a blank white page and does nothing.

Admins - how do I attach a PDF???

In the meantime here is a link to the doc on the RRSUK forum
http://www.rrsport.co.uk/gallery/albums/us...0-%201.pdf

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
128 Posts
As far as I can tell, dynamic mode firms up the suspension/handling.
I just purchased a 2012 RRS SC, and had an 11 hour drive back home through S Utah and N Arizona. I decided to go the slightly longer but far more scenic route through Moab (191/163). That road also gave plenty of opportunities to explore my new toy's performance and handling, and I was pleasantly surprised to discover just what a monster it really is. I've always believed that overtaking is most safe when done authoritatively, howevergiven how powerful and composed at speed the RRS is, I found it surprisingly quick/easy to overtake then discover I'm now inadvertently traveling at warp factor 9. Until I got used to that, a couple of times I had to haul the car down to merge again, so discovered a tendency for the front to shimmy under harder than normal breaking in normal mode. I put the car into sport and dynamic modes and didn't encounter it again, but that may also have be down to just me becoming more familiar with the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts