RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got pissed off at the dealer cause I couldn't get a hold of service for 2 days, seems every time I called service was too busy to talk. However the receptionist wanted to take my number and have them call me back, I know better than to fall for those tricks now as around the time I first got my RRS I tried that ever so convenient service of the call back.....I have yet to receive that call. So, here I am at the indy shop. It's just an oil change but they're able to answer their phones and book appointments so I feel like they're miles ahead of the dealer already.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Good for you. I steer clear of a dealer's service dept unless it's warranty or recall work. They don't want me there to begin with, and as we all know they charge way too much. Luckily, in L.A. we have plenty of good LR indies to choose from.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
CB, you're almost as crazy doing that as this guy...

PS Drevs w his chainsaw?
`)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Any good shop in LA?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have to say my local dealer are now HUGE liars. For at least the last month and a half or so the couple times that I've had my rrs in they've always called me in the middle of whatever they're doing being like hey uuuh your front brakes are at 20%, you want us to change them out? So after my oil change at the indy shop, the guy that was getting me all settled up at the end was like so we changed your oil, your air filter was really dirty so we swapped that one out and your front and back brakes are both at 45%.......I'm inclined to think the indy shop is telling the truth since the amount they gave me is considerably greater than the dealership told me. How can they be still in business with this level of unprofessionalism? Couldn't believe it.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
CB08 said:
I have to say my local dealer are now HUGE liars. For at least the last month and a half or so the couple times that I've had my rrs in they've always called me in the middle of whatever they're doing being like hey uuuh your front brakes are at 20%, you want us to change them out? So after my oil change at the indy shop, the guy that was getting me all settled up at the end was like so we changed your oil, your air filter was really dirty so we swapped that one out and your front and back brakes are both at 45%.......I'm inclined to think the indy shop is telling the truth since the amount they gave me is considerably greater than the dealership told me. How can they be still in business with this level of unprofessionalism? Couldn't believe it.
And I've always found Canadians to be honest, upstanding folk. Maybe a bit more inebriated than Yanks, but honest inebriates. Prolly just having a hard time focusing and getting the 20% vs 45% thing correct . :D

·
Registered
160 Posts
Quick ,or may be stupid question ,can I get my car maintained or fixed under the LR warranty at the Indy shop
(mine is 08 so I have some free maintenance visits )
Thanks.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Only an authorized dealer will honor an existing mfg warranty and/or any free scheduled maintenance contracts. Extended warranties are a different story (depends on the contract.)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts