RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Home Depot the other day and couldn't get my trunk open to load my stuff. I was so embarrassed. The problem is the trunk is not fully closed because its flashing tailgate open. When I press the tailgate button its buzzing but nothing happens. Even when I tried the emergency open by depressing the open/close on the dash i get the buzzing but it will not open. Does anyone know how I can get the tailgate open? It's a 2008 Range Rover SC.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
69 Posts
That happened to me. A quick hard push to the bottom (with foot) near the latch got it to shut. Then the button would work.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried pushing with on it as hard as I can but nothing happened. Thanks for your response.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
So to understand this correctly, the soft close is not pulling the rear deck down but you hear the motor working?

The top section is closed properly though?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's correct the soft pull is not working so the top half wouldn't open either. When I press the bottom there is a buzzing sound. Thanks

·
Registered
314 Posts
I had this issue once also and felt perhaps that my Range Rover felt it was above the status of hauling stuff from Home Depot. It turned out to be simpler than that. The top lid was not completely latched closed, and therefore the bottom latch did not release. I pushed hard on the top lid so that it latched closed completely, and this allowed the bottom latch to work properly.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Grasshopper that's a good one next time I go to Home Depot I'll take the minivan. My top lid is secure its the bottom that's not properly close. If there is some way to get it open so I can remove the panel to fix it I'll be happy to know. A simple manual override (as required on cars with trunks) will solve all the problems with the tailgate.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Glossy yes I had a problem with the release button not working. It turned out to be an easy fix. The wire connection to the release button came loose. I took out the panel and push the wire back in. This is a different problem because the button is connected it's buzzing when pressed
Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I had to bite the bullet and take my truck to the dealers to get the trunk fixed. It was a bad tailgate latch. It cost me over 500 rover units but I am happy to get it over with.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts