Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all...new RRS owner - the boss and I love it (I still have my Disco, but at this will be my hand-me-down when she's done with it).

First question: Under the carpet in the trunk is the jack, but the rest of the compartments are empty. I added emergency stuff and I like the space, but it made me wonder...what else should be in there? The compartments are such specific shapes that it seems like they were meant for something specific. Also, when my cargo mat gets here, I wonder how much access I will actually have to this area (hopefully I will be able to just lift the mat up).

Second question: Occasionally the cruise control will not work and a message displays something like “cruise control not enabled” or something similar. What’s going on there? I assume we’re doing something wrong…but maybe that’s just the first electronic gremlin showing up.

Thanks much!

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
From the factory, you don't get much, at least here in North America. Scissors jack, handles / extensions for it, a wheel brace to release the lug nuts, a couple of wheel chocks and a screwdriver. The remaining cutouts are for optional accessories available from your friendly Land Rover stealer.

Second question: Probably worn cruise control switchgear or intermittently faulty rotary coupler / clockspring in your steering wheel.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
Every time I see that diagram I want to order the light bulbs just cause they come in the little plastic branded case. I actually just want to know the cost since it has the logo on it!!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
hey Brimill, i have found that if u can find the type storage container at your local auto parts store, or Wal-Mart (and check fishing supplies!), then u can always find all kinds of neat logo items on ebay to attach. In my rover, i have a "land rover emergency kit" found on ebay, a special light green land rover canvas bag (all with logos), lucky finds. i also found some small back seat trash bags (tan color), then ordered some land rover patches and had them sewed on the bags, looks factory

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From the factory, you don't get much, at least here in North America. Scissors jack, handles / extensions for it, a wheel brace to release the lug nuts, a couple of wheel chocks and a screwdriver. The remaining cutouts are for optional accessories available from your friendly Land Rover stealer.

Second question: Probably worn cruise control switchgear or intermittently faulty rotary coupler / clockspring in your steering wheel.
Thanks for the answers and diagram!

·
Premium Member
1,663 Posts
If you have the newest tow hitch adapter (smallest one), it will also fit in the location of the J-hook adapter pictured above. Just cut off the trapazoid shaped block to the left of it and it fits perfectly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts