RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hice guys i own a gorgeous 2001 Range Rover HSE. My problem is. The door of the passenger always lock and unlock and with that all the doors but the pilot one. I know is the latch and stuff... my real question is: The trunk (I'm in Mexico) also lock and can't open it. Is there a way to manually open it? Or is there a way to simply disconnect all the locks? I dont really need the locks.

Thanks Guys!

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
The right front door lock also controls the tailgate lock (makes sense on a RHD car) by providing a ground for the tailgate switch. You can cut that wire (green-red) and connect it to ground permanently. But that does mean everyone can open it! Wiring details are in Rave, access is easy via the hatch for the right rear lights.

Filip

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The right front door lock also controls the tailgate lock (makes sense on a RHD car) by providing a ground for the tailgate switch. You can cut that wire (green-red) and connect it to ground permanently. But that does mean everyone can open it! Wiring details are in Rave, access is easy via the hatch for the right rear lights.

Filip
Thanks man! Next time it open ill do that fast! Is a weekend car and I live in a gated community so is ok if is always open.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Filip
Hey Filip, i have a question and you may know.

is there a way, a cable to cut to let the doors locks always unlock and open? i dont really need them, i live in a safe place and is more annoying the fact that the passenger door some times dont open or lock the entire car (but the pilot door).

thanks!

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
415 Posts
I think you need to replace the door latch on the right front and everything will work normally.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
288 Posts
Misbehaving door latches can lead to your engine being immobilized and I would suspect you would have a very hard time getting this resolved in Mexico. Best to replace driver and passenger side door latches.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts