RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was backing into my parking spot tonight and I used up every inch. When I get off I accidentally kicked the trunk door button, I know I ****ed up. The door opened and hit the wall and stuck there. I went back to the driver seat and hit the button again. What surprised me is the door didn't go down, instead I opened up harder that I can even hear the scratch. Paint damaged, lesson learned :(

·
Registered
11 Posts
At least you didn't crack the door as it is made out of a special plastic and can't be repaired. A new one is necessary costing mega bucks!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Dang, sounds like something I would do. They have pretty good scratch repair kits now. Get OEM paint pen, fill, Sand back down going from very fine, to extremely fine paper. Clear coat and final sand and clarifying compound. I did this on some deep door scratches with success (Turtle Wax premium scratch repair kit).

·
Registered
712 Posts
Just take it to the autobody shop. They can do the whole section from the licence plate down and shouldn't cost much more than ~$500.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Oh yeah, and ask the shop to put a strip of clear wrap along the bottom edge of the boot lid so that if it happens again, you have a sacrificial layer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts