RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This would is a question for those of you who are/have used TrueTracs -

My front diff is starting to rumble and at 207k miles I figure it's due for a rebuild. I have the opportunity to pick up a new set of TrueTracs well below list price. I'm contemplating rebuilding both diffs with the TrueTracs, but am worried that it will affect day to day driving.

My rangi is mainly on tarmac, with some mild/moderate off-roading a good amount of times per year. Plus our wonderful winters here can be quite fun. `) Being that my rangi only has TC on the rear axle, there have been times that I wish I have more traction up front.

What say you TrueTrac owners? Am I thinking too much into this?

Cheers!

·
Registered
405 Posts
It doesn't affect driving on tarmac at all. At least, not what I have noticed. I'm sure in reality things change, but I'm quite happy with everything so far.

I'll let you know if anything changes

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
13 Posts
Sorry if this double posts, the first disappeared.

I have both setups, dual TTs and TT front and Locker rear. With the dual TTs it drives and behaves 100% stock on the roads but the difference in the muck is night and day. The locker does tend to push when you're into it on ice, gravel or slick roads. For a daily driver I would probably stick with TT front and rear. It will be some of the best money you spent and you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts