Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

I own a 2001 4.6. I don't go off road with the truck but do shift into low gear a couple of times a month just to make sure the system is working. I tried it yesterday and the shifter will not move across the H gate. It feels like it is locked. All high gears work fine. Can someone suggest where I may starting looking to solve this one.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response.

After doing a little investigating I found that the plastic mold injected activation handle in the gear shift head was partially broken. This would not allow the shifter handle to make contact with the top of the shifter post. I took the handle off, took it apart and re glued the broken section of the shifter activator. It seems to be working for the moment but Crazy Glue doesn't last forever. The shifter head with the molded plastic chrome plated insert is $179.00 Canadian. Oouch! If you don't want to wear a hole in the end of your thumb pressing down the metal activator on the top of the shaft you have no choice but to buy the new shifter head. It is an easy installation, one screw holds the head on the shaft and it slides off (the dealer wants 2 hours labour to do this).

I will pick the part up this week and take the five minutes of my time that it requires to slide on and secure the new shifter head.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.