RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in a bind with my 07 Range Rover.

By report, speakers were static-y all the time. So the shop "unhooked" the head unit. Screen is black. Button flashes orange.

I took it to a stereo shop, couldn't figure out what he unplugged. Couldn't find any loose wires. They installed the new Logic 7 amp I brought them anyways.

So now I have a new logic-7 amp, but the screen still won't come on.

How would one "unhook" the head unit/nav screen? Where do I start looking?

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
UPDATE: Fuse was bad. Replaced fuse. Screen now comes on. No sound from speakers.

I have scoured the internet and found articles on troubleshooting MOST fiber optic stereo systems in BMWs etc, but no articles or good threads on trouble shooting range rovers of this era.

Anybody have any information on trouble shooting the MOST system in an 07 range rover? As I understand it, I now need to find where the "loop" is broken. What are all of the units I need to test in this car, and where are they? I understand that each one needs to be tested using one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/optical-bypass-adapter-MERCEDES-PORSCHE/dp/B01FREU5F8

Does this apply to our cars? I assume it does.

Otherwise, I'm thinking the amp needs to be "reprogrammed," perhaps by the dealer? If I purchased a used, working amp, does it still need to be programmed, or is that only for a new purchase? One thread I read made it sound like dealer amplifier reprogramming is only needed if the amp is brand new. Is this true?

·
Registered
2007 Land Rover Range Rover 4.4
45 Posts
Ok I have had my fair share with issues with the fiber system. Does the screen turn on completely and you are able to use all the functions on it or does it just say Land Rover with a flashing power light?

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,191 Posts
If the fiber optic loop is open all you get is a flashing orange light on the radio power button. Most failed unit on the MOST loop is the bluetooth module on the top of the stack in the left rear audio compartment. If it has failed, get one from a 2010 unit and slice it back in (the power wiring connections are different). that unit is far superior to the original one. There are plenty of threads on here with the proper part numbers.

·
Registered
2007 Land Rover Range Rover 4.4
45 Posts
I have never seen this mod before! I had no idea you could swap out the old ones for the new 2010 system... any links to forms?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I saw a vid on YouTube where a guy has the same issue with his faulty bluetooth unit. He disconnected the fibre optical leads from the Bluetooth box, the connector has two leads mounted in the connector. He managed to pry one of the leads out of the connector and inserted back into the connector so both leads are facing each other making a loop. He then used electrical tape to secure the leads and when he turned on the radio it all worked. I think you can buy a fibre optic loop from eBay that basically completes the loop without having to dismantle the connector. I’ll try to find the video and paste the link on this thread.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts