RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 RRS HSE w/ cold weather pkg (if that makes a difference). I didn't notice until recently that my trip computer/odometer automatically resets at some point. It's possible that it's been doing it all along, but I only just noticed it. In other words, I might park for the night, or for an extended period of time, and do nothing with respect to either the trip computer or the trip odometer. Then when I return and start it up, everything is reset to zero--trip mileage, fuel economy, average speed--except remaining miles.

Is this normal? I didn't see it in the manual, and my search for "trip computer" and "trip odometer" in this forum and on Google revealed only one thread from another forum with the same question that got no answers. It's a minor inconvenience. The only reason why I even noticed is that I decided to start tracking my fuel economy and thought I would use the trip odometer to do it so that I wouldn't have to do that portion of the math. I can always just take down the odometer reading each time a refuel, so it's no big deal. I just wanted to know if this was normal, or a subsystem failure indicative of some potential wider system failure.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So...Gremlin, then?

I hate to take it to the dealer if it's something so simple as replacing a fuse or similar.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Newer Sport and LR4s give you a choice of "Trip A", "Trip B" and "Auto Trip" when setting up the trip computer. Choosing Auto Trip will reset the trip meter (mileage, average fuel economy and speed) back to zero every time you restart the engine. I don't know if MY08s had such a feature already, though (my 2006 doesn't.) It may be an early sign of a weakening battery, is this the original one?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think mine has multiple trip computers. The battery is the original, come to think of it. I'll test that out and see how it goes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UPDATE: It was the battery! I didn't realize how slow it had been to start until I changed the battery out. Trip computer now works, too.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
it's not a job, it's an adventure.

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
Dude, What with the oversized pics? As far as what you get with a .pdf file that is an issue with your device. Try a real computer with Acrobat reader.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts