Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just making a new thread about this as 3 of us were asking about it in another thread (that I pasted below). Seems like more than a few of us have damaged panels on either side of the rear seats on our sports and would like to replace. These are the ones made of vinyl between the leather seats (but not attached to the seats) and the doors.

Can someone provide part #'s or a place to chk them out to order ?

Anyways -- I can find literally EVERY part on a sport in the parts catalogue (parts.com, etc) except this one. Totally weird -- not in rear floor, not in seats, not in rocker panel or quarter panel.

THANKS
Nashvegas
  • Re: Removal of Back Interior Panels?
    Addendum - (related topic) - how about removing the vinyl panels on either side of the rear seats. Mine are really dinged up from carrying stuff in the car and I wanted to see about replacing them. They're between the seat and the rear door, when you close the door.. it's between seat <----> door. I'm hoping it's not one piece w/ the carpeted rear cargo area panels, is it ?​

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,015 Posts
Can you take a photo of this part or area? Maybe I am misunderstanding this, but I think you - and others - are all referring to a section of the rear quarter panel (which extends from the carpeted area on each side of the trunk all the way to the side of the rear seats, one big piece of molded plastic with carpet or vinyl covering most of it.) Mine is all scuffed as well on one side, I am proud to say I did it all by myself! ;-) Actually, my older girl's booster seat did it, the razor sharp, hard plastic rear edge of the booster is too wide to fit on the leather portion of the seat back there, and lays over this vinyl panel as a result. Over time, it has nicked it pretty bad in several places. I am sure rear quarter panels (L/R) are available from outfits like parts.com - and I am equally sure they must cost a bundle (although I haven't checked...)

PS: It's in this diagram - part # 5, L or R and available in different finishes to match your interior. $220 or so per side.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yep, that's definitely the piece I was looking for. I didn't realize it was that whole panel back there. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi,

I just noticed this morning on a two week old 2013 RRS that my kid's booster seats sliced through this area as well, two kids both sides. Of course I was really calm about this and understand that safety comes first.

However, on to the repairs:

Did you order the parts (#5) as noted above and do the replacement yourself or have a dealer do it?

Are you still using a booster seat, or have you grown out of this for your child?

Any guidance on this is appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ok. I bit the bullet and ordered new panels. The dealer was a little more than parts.com. I just couldn't deal with the slice marks in the vinyl on a couple week old RRS.

One panel was in stock and one was back ordered. Hopefully they won't have to get it from the UK.

I ordered clips as well.

I'll try to do the replacement myself.

So be careful putting kiddie and booster seats in the back.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The parts came and I decided to have the dealer do the installation. It was actually more involved with multiple clips, etc. So after about $600 in parts and $300 in labor, a somewhat expensive first month with the 2013 RRS. So, again, be careful the type of child seat and booster you use. If these is a wide base, ensure that it will not extend beyond the edge of the seat and rub against the trim panel.

·
Registered
123 Posts
my children have outgrown child seats now, but i also remember buying at wal-mart or target some pads to place over the leather seats, to put the booster seat on top of. they were black, and would hang over the seat with pouches to carry things, like net pouches. used them back when i had a rr classic. i would look for that if i had to put anything that might rip a leather seat

·
Registered
67 Posts
We just bought two boosters from Walmart, their made by harmony, they have round soft edges and soft bottoms, and their a little more narrow than the graco and others. Nice fit.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
72 Posts
my children have outgrown child seats now, but i also remember buying at wal-mart or target some pads to place over the leather seats, to put the booster seat on top of. they were black, and would hang over the seat with pouches to carry things, like net pouches. used them back when i had a rr classic. i would look for that if i had to put anything that might rip a leather seat

Don't you hate the funny look you get driving into Walmart with a Range Rover?
We just bought two boosters from Walmart, their made by harmony, they have round soft edges and soft bottoms, and their a little more narrow than the graco and others. Nice fit.

·
Registered
67 Posts
It was the only one in the lot, lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts