Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I’m currently trying to figure out how to set up a battery maintainer on a 2021 HSE for someone I know. I can’t seem to figure it out, and don’t want to mess anything up since I’m not familiar with these vehicles. I got the kit from the dealer specifically for this model. The kit comes with a wall plug with a 12v type connection that connects to the battery connectors and an inline fuse. My simple issue is, the negative loop fits around what I assume is the negative terminal, but the positive loop is too small so I’m questioning if there’s a different location I should be putting it. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2015 Range Rover
143 Posts
looks like an odd contraption they have. looks to go from the charger to a 12v male plug into a female plug that then goes to the terminal wires. if this is something that will be used often i would recommend wiring a permanent ring terminal. and then either buy a batter tender or cut off the end of what you have and add a normal battery tender terminal so it can easily be plugged and unplugged from the car. i have this setup on my BMW and Rover and works great. also the Tender can actually charge the battery at 4amps, where the land rover charger looks like it can probably only maintain.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Regardless of charger, best install is to unbolt the ground and recbolt with the connector. Easy to remove the positive from frame , disconnect bolt and connect the positve at that point, then reconnect to frame. Have done this to 3 Range rovers now.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
438 Posts
The Land Rover charger appears to be made by Ctek and should have come with normal clip-on type attachments as well. Maybe you can find what you need by Googling Ctek.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts