RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
driving along last week when suspension inactive warning came on and locked in normal ride height then yesterday i had transmission failsafe come on so pulled over to try and get revers but couldn't get any thing and lost all drive can any one please help !!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,973 Posts
No drive? Have you had your diff replaced under recall?

I also wonder whether a speed sensor of some sorts has caused your problem. Obviously the gearbox needs to know the speed the vehicle is travelling at, on its own one wouldn’t think about it, but coupled with the EAS locking into standard height which it does when it can't determine how fast the vehicle is travelling so it defaults to standard (you wouldn’t want to take a corner at 70 in extended height) Even with the above I would have thought the gearbox should have been able to get into "limp home mode" so take the above with a pinch of salt.

Dan

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Q

car still not gone in as its locked in to 3 gear and cant even push it of the drive the dealer said i would have to drag it off when i asked if it would damage the gear box they said no as long as the engine wasn't running ! but not so sure

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,973 Posts
Have you tried discconnecting the battery? It's a long shot but it may reset something. Failing that I believe you can force the gearbox or transfer box into Neutral (used for towing) I think its in the manual...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: transmission failsafe

getting car back tomorrow 2k liter had to have a new gear box :crybaby2:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

got car back this morning and every things fine its also corrected the suspension error big thanks to ultimate land rover in netherton west mids :clap:

·
Registered
1,119 Posts

lee said:
got car back this morning and every things fine its also corrected the suspension error big thanks to ultimate land rover in netherton west mids :clap:
Excellent good luck with the new box. :thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts