Range Rovers Forum banner

Transsmision controling module fault RR SPORT 2006

15K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Robert111 
#1 ·
Hi have some problem with sport rr, 2006 y, 2700ccm. All lights lightning, also HDC program not available, transsmision fault, engine, suspension.... In range rover service i changed key, braking pedal switch and gearbox selector switch.... But problem is still on... Now they told me that transmission controling module is not ok and he make problems.... Please help me... I found on web used TCM module but im not sure if this is possible to change so easy.... I got error specified on list U102-87IPC...i think this is the part wich is making me problems, attached in picture, also there are few models of this module im sure wich one is ryt one...and where this module is located in car Pls for help... Thank You in advance

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Your photographs show the controller for the 5-speed ZF 5HP24 transmission used in the ’02-’05 MY petrol-engined L322. Your car has the ZF 6HP26 transmission, where the transmission controller is integrated into the mechatronic unit in the transmission’s sump. This unit has to be coded to the vehicle, whereas the 5-speed ECU can be swapped and changed with no issues (well, other than the long-term adaptions stored in it).

How on earth did you manage to replace the ‘gearbox selector switch’, because that’s part of the mechatronic unit, too?

Phil

#5 ·
Hi Phil first of all thank You for answer.... Well i would like to try to describe correctly problems.... Yes my gearbox its zf 6speed. I didint change anything in land rover they change switch in shaft of gear selector... Its inside the car selector of gear swithc better to say... Now they told me that i need to change this transmission control module.... This is all this black part?! What exactly i need to change..... Its strange that today car dont start but in then next day start normaly but after 20-25 minutes he get fault mssg and errors...... Can i change just some component or whole mechatronic unit that big black part? Or its possible to put gearbox from other same model of car? Or mechatronic from that gearbox its compatible to my car? Please help me, thank You. Regards robbie

#6 ·
Generally, the complete mechatronic unit has to be replaced and then re-coded to the vehicle. If the issue was a hydraulic one then potentialy the electronic module (the black plastic part) could be detached from the old valve body assembly and reassembled onto a new one, which would avoid having to re-code, but your dealer appears to be telling you that it’s the ECU itself causing the issue? Surprising that an ECU should fail.

(Valve body assembly with electronic module detached)

Phil

#7 ·
This is great info!! I just purchased my first 06' Supercharged HSE and am trying to get it out of limp mode.
When I scan with a snapon code reader I can see every module EXCEPT the Transmission Control ...it gives me a communication failure.
I joined the forum 10min ago to find where the darn thing was located after giving up on google responses. So it is in the mechanical part of the transmission valve train.

Before I pull it out and spend $200+ in 9 quarts of ZF transmission fluid... is there anything else that could cause a "NO COMMUNICATION" between my reader and the TCU?

#8 ·
Hi Phil thankYou once more for answer and description of problems..... Here is what i get in land rover service, printed error list...... I think tthat mechatronic i need to change... Hope can find it used and rebuilded then i need to re code it to car.... Do you know maybe where is possible to buy it?
Thank You.... Regards robbie

Attachments

#10 ·
Hi Phil i work in Germany but originaly i live in Croatia... I was in German lr official servicce and after 1.5month simply they dont know exactly what is problem with car.... They wish to change transmission control module but this is really expensive... I realised that when i cold in the morning car start but after 10 minites it gets fault and all mssgs and errors.....
I change transfer case allready i mean that part wich change position of gear shift.... I change also break pedal switch and key.... Really i dont know what to do..... Car is ok just this happen to me never had any problem in last few years.....
I dont know what should i do and how to discover what is realy problem...... Thank you regards robbie

#11 ·
Robert, fellow member in British ffrr forum lives in Zagreb and he gave me this number for highly regarded auto shop owned by British man.

Zagreb - Skidmore Auto Centar d.o.o.

Cell phone:+385 98 352 993, ask for Tony. Highly recommended!

Bojan

#12 ·
U0102-87 is a communications error with the Transfer case, not the Transmission. From the workshop manual;

U0102-87 Lost Communication with Transfer Case Control Module - missing message

Possible Causes

 The Terrain Response Control Module has not received one or more expected messages from the Transfer Case Control Module
 High speed CAN circuit communications failure
 Open circuit Transfer Case Control Module, powerfeed
 Open circuit Transfer Case Control Module, ground supply
 Transfer Case Control Module disconnected from the high

Actions

Using the manufacturer approved diagnostic system, check the Transfer Case Control Module for DTCs and refer to the relevant DTC index. Using the manufacturer approved diagnostic system, carry out network integrity test. Using the manufacturer approved diagnostic system, re-configure the Transfer Case Control Module. Refer to electrical circuit diagrams, check power feed and ground supplies, to Transfer Case Control Module for open circuit. Check for open circuit Transfer Case Control Module high speed CAN low circuit. Check for open circuit Transfer Case Control Module high speed CAN high circuit, Repair as necessary.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.