RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago my alarm went off in the afternoon for no reason, I went outside and tried to turn it off with the key fob but it didn't work. I used the key in the door and it turned the alarm off. It was a really hot day 100+ and very high humidity, for whatever reason when the alarm went off it kicked it into transport mode. (No wipers, No dome lights, No power locks or key fob functions other than the remote will unlock the upper tailgate but the lower one is not functional. Air suspension works as it should.

I did notice the last few days that the steering wheel would position itself in different places instead of stopping where I have the memory set...

My ALL COMMS tool came today and I hooked the truck up, I can link up to the systems no problem and scan and clear all of the codes except for the body module which says it's in transport mode on a code scan. I've tried the two different ways in the debug to clear transport and also tried to return it to pre-2005 factory defaults and it seems to do it's thing but it doesn't seem to kick it out of transport mode.

Any suggestions are more than welcome as at this point I'm completely stumped!

My battery seems to be in decent shape, 12.8v (engine off) after the truck has been running and after it's sat for a few hours varies between 12.3v - 12.5v (Measured on my Fluke meter)

Hopefully someone out there has a solution, I'm highly mechanically skilled but new to the Rover.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
494 Posts
You can try hard reset. Disconnect he battery and then hold the pos / neg terminals together for about 45 seconds or a minute (make sure that there is no power to them or you'll FUBAR your electrical system). Reconnect and recheck then try to clear the code.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
NOTE make sure the key is removed for atleast 2 mins prior to battery disconnect or damage to the NAV system will result

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No such luck with the hard reset... Same outcome. I'm starting to fear I've got a faulty BCM. The module isn't that expensive to replace but it's paying a shop to do the coding that I'm sure will cost an arm and a leg.

Anybody else have any other ideas?

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
Failed BCU can show these symptoms. However, try putting it into transport mode, cycling the key(leave it off for a few minutes) then taking it back out of transport mode.

Sometimes if it gets stuck in between the two modes it needs to go fully in, before it will let itself come back out.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Failed BCU can show these symptoms. However, try putting it into transport mode, cycling the key(leave it off for a few minutes) then taking it back out of transport mode.

Sometimes if it gets stuck in between the two modes it needs to go fully in, before it will let itself come back out.
Unfortunately All Comms doesn't have a way to put it into transport mode only to take it out... It does make me wonder because I stopped at a local indy shop on my way home today and he hooked it up to his T-4. He didn't believe me that it was in transport mode because the air suspension still worked... So instead of doing what I asked him to do he tried to kick it out of transport mode and it just hung there and wouldn't take the update so he had to unplug the machine and interrupt it.

Of course he wants me to come back for an hour of diagnosis at $160 an hour...

According to Storey I can program a new BCM with all comms so it's looking like I'll just try to get my hands on a used one unless someone out there knows how to kick this thing fully into transport mode.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
in the owners manual there is a process to put the truck into transport mode.
It involves installing then removing a fuse, try what Dave Roverguy 7 has suggested

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
in the owners manual there is a process to put the truck into transport mode.
It involves installing then removing a fuse, try what Dave Roverguy 7 has suggested
Fuse #37 in the glove box - 5 amp fuse in place for the transfer case when being towed, and removed for normal operation.

Procedure is found on pages 238 & 239 of the owners handbook.

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
This is different.

That is for actually transporting the vehicle, but does not put the BCU into Transport mode. The only way I know of is with T4(or comparable diagnostic equipment)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is different.

That is for actually transporting the vehicle, but does not put the BCU into Transport mode. The only way I know of is with T4(or comparable diagnostic equipment)
Thats what I've read with all my research... I think it's time I just replace the BCM and move on.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well problem solved, I called around today and picked up a BCM from a wrecking yard for $100... took 10 min to get it in.

Re-programmed it with all comms and re-coded my keys and good as new!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts