RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening! My RR will not move on its own power. I can push it around anywhere....doesn't matter if it's in drive, PARK, reverse or neutral. Several people told me it was the t-box shift motor. I replaced it with one that the guy claims was a good one.

From starting, everything "looks" normal. I can immediately place the transmission in neutral, and cycle between LOW and HIGH range. Then I put it in drive, you press the gas and it does nothing. The engine does seem to lower the rpms when you put it in drive (or reverse). If you rev it lightly, the LO range icon flashes and the display says SELECT NEUTRAL. At this point, the LO range icon keeps flashing and you can not make it stop until you kill it, then you can start all this process over again.

I tried taking the t-box shift motor completely off and move the shaft by hand. I put it in ever single imaginable position, but it still doesn't engage anything.

I've done the manual calibration procedure, and that does not seem to help either. I do not get any safe mode warnings like some people experience.

I'm starting to lean towards a t-box or transmission issue. Is there something else I can check??

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
694 Posts
Re: Transmission / T-Case Issue? Changed shift motor already...

Are any of the axles or driveshafts spinning with the truck in drive? Look under the truck.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

The driveshafts coming out of the t-box are not turning.....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ended up being a bad transfer box.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts

Holy C. Any reason why it might have disintegrated? Hope all is back to normal other than your wallet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts