RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Range Rover sport supercharged. The issue I’m having is that shifting from 3-4 gear it will slip quite a bit under throttle and push it back down to third, or it will go up to 5th and go into failsafe. If I am applying little throttle it will stay in 4th but if I apply more throttle it’ll go into 5th and failsafe mode. I replaced the transmission fluid and filled it up to the correct level. I do know the tire profile is a 50 and not 40 like it should be. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also I did take it to the local rover shop and they said the software is up to date. I did swap the front tires to the rear and so on. The rover shop said I needed a new Transmission that there’s something wrong inside of it. The codes came up with incorrect ratio for 5th and 6th. My next step is to take it to a transmission shop. Is it solenoids? Clutches? I don’t think it’s the torque converter. Maybe valves stator?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I understand that the message 'incorrect ratio' is based on ratio of inbound revs compared to outbound revs of the gearbox. when outside expected bandwidth, it generates this message. that would indicate slip on the respective disks that hold it in 4th gear. hope this helps

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I understand that the message 'incorrect ratio' is based on ratio of inbound revs compared to outbound revs of the gearbox. when outside expected bandwidth, it generates this message. that would indicate slip on the respective disks that hold it in 4th gear. hope this helps
So what you’re saying is that the clutches are bad? Or possibly the torque converter?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
2 Participants
WTh
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing