RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,369 Posts
The GM transmission has an internal inhibitor switch, hence the additional pins.

The ZF 5HP24 transmission certainly has a lot better reputation than the 5L40-E in the L322, but it does have its own issues and isn’t as good as the 6HP26.

The transfer box ECU is the same between the two but the transmission controller is produced by Siemens for the diesel and by Bosch for the petrol.

You would have to swap a lot of parts/wiring for the conversion, but at least the parts are available, unlike for a 6HP26 conversion.

I still think it would be a lot easier to change your car :D

Phil

·
Registered
4 Posts
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:well thank you so much for your input boss heighly appreciated, i think im gonna keep my rig as is , and buy another car in due cause, other than being loud and thirsity im happy with it as is.🙏. just had long towing (800km) when my wife was back on the rurla she had an accident and the isuranca was giving stories, Last weeknd i drove home From Johannesburg to Mount Frere, stripped off rear propshaft from the X5 and tow it back To Johannesburg, im still loving it more than X5 🙆‍♀️
IMG_20200712_094744[1].jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi guys, i'm now this forum, but my l322 3.0 diesel 2003, came to the point when the transmission become faulty. we were driving back from the highway when started to give up on changing gears slowly, first went it to failsafe mode (dashboard message on) ,1st --> then lost the reverse,then --> couple of days (no driving at all) not moving at all, it stars up, you can move the bar to gears and that's it. i was checking topic, threads, discussion. i don't want to bet. anybody has an idea if it's a full replacement or just the torque converter giving up on me as it made his way long enough already. thanks for your answers.
Ivan /Hungary/

last word... in Hungary the mechanic give up already on the this transmission..... or asking more than the car worth

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Ivan91

Lossing your reverse and forward can be caused by a number of things boss, i once had a similar Challenge with with mine as well, but due to the model i have decided to rebuild the box.
During that process i sent my Torque Convertor for service and my clutch inside was wornout,

The shaft below has white seals if one of them its broken, you going to losse oil flow and it wont move, forward or reverse, (The drum with a shaft has piston and clutches inside, 99% of the time those clutches burn, and sometimes they also burn the rubber on the piston inside. TCC solonoid as far as i know gives a problem with reverse, but in your case you might have a challenge with forward coastal drum and and those seals or your TC.

To avoid taking you box in and out you might as well change all your friction clutches, service your TC and may be change your TCC...(brown salonoid) thats what i have done with mine.

All the best

21 - 24 of 24 Posts