RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While driving smoothly transmission rumbles or vibrates. This is a 2004 range rover with the BMW
Lifetime transmission . Any solutions out there.

,also I have a strange mechanical motor humming from the rear of the truck while driving. It only last a few seconds but its continuous when it happens.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Plenty of threads/posts on the "transmission shudder" - there's a useful search function on the forum that can help you track them down.

The motor humming could be your compressor running - if it's running excessively, it would suggest that you have an air leak in one of your air springs. When compressors run flat out, they tend to burn out and fail so you may want to get your airbags checked.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
27 Posts
Search for torque converter our cattle grate. That should her you to the relevant posts. Good luck.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Plenty of threads/posts on the "transmission shudder" - there's a useful search function on the forum that can help you track them down.

The motor humming could be your compressor running - if it's running excessively, it would suggest that you have an air leak in one of your air springs. When compressors run flat out, they tend to burn out and fail so you may want to get your airbags checked.
Thanks guys. Seem like I need a torque converter. And that humming noise is The infamous cattle grate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts