RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I recently had my Range Rover Sport 2006's transmission completely replaced ($8,000). I know, it was a total waste of money to put that much money into an old car, but our family has extreme sentimental attachment to the car, and I didn't want to fight that fight.

Here is my question: is is possible that replacing the transmission could make the gas mileage worse? It's an old range rover, obviously the mpg wasn't great before, but this morning I drove 2 miles in light traffic, and it went down by 14 miles.

I also had the cooling system worked on.

Thanks!

·
Registered
58 Posts
That "remaining miles" is meaningless estimate. If you were driving on a highway, for example, barely touching acclerator, it was predicting that you could go 50 miles on remaining fuel, in that specific condition, once you hit a traffic and it became stop and go or anything other then highway under light touch of a pedal, it would change the prediction and could drastically change distance that you could go on the same amount of fuel...
replacement of a transmission, in my opnion, if anything, should positively affect fuel economy,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts