RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One day I turned my 1999 Range Rover on and placed it on D and gave it gas it did not move then I put it in R and it still didnt move then I put it in P then I hear an ugly noise and felt something vibrating under the vehicle it sounded like putting a bunch of change in a cup and shaking it around fast. I do not know what this is the mechanics here in my town are fruitless with foreign vehicles but did say it can be something with my transfer case but did not know how to take it apart and put it together but that they would try and wanted $585 for labor. So therefore I would rather ask yall and get a clue. PLEASE HELP. I hate not having a vehicle. Thank You.

·
Registered
538 Posts
If it holds in park i wouldn't think anything is up with the transfer box. most likely on the list is the flex plate, these tend to go at around 100k. either way looks as though the box will have to come out.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Try other positions like 1 & 2 and see if it moves.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried everything and still nothing I am currently taking off the transfer box right now but took a break cause I needed to find my allen wrench oh and I got a suprise when I took off the cover a face full of oil. Haha I forgot to mention i know nothing about cars or trucks im more of a gun and boat person. Im hoping to see the chain soon. If it is the chain then im looking at 250 dollar solution other than 900 buckeroos.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts