RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'95 LWB Classic with auto. My wife got the transmission overheat light when she drove to work. Cool and very wet morning and she got it right when she got to work, about a twenty-two mile drive. I got there four hours later and the light was still on when I turned the switch on. The engine temp indicated cold and it was cold under the hood. After driving a mile or so the light went out and then came back on at home, again twenty-two miles (lots of rain so very wet) and the engine time looks normal. Fluid looks normal.

But I noticed what I assume is the temp switch in the cooling line to the radiator right next to the power steering box, the box that has had the hoses removed (one changed), flooding the area with PS fluid and then cleaned, power washed and and washed at least three times. I'm assuming a switch problem and might change the switch. Anyone done that? Will change the fluid at the same time and I am thinking synthetic if we can come up with the bucks since the transmission seems tight. I may have hit that switch a few times during my struggle... Oh what fun!

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
159 Posts
Had similar problem on my '89 3.5. Replaced the sender in the cooler next to the rad and problem solved. It unscrewed easilly and popped the new one in in 5 minutes without having to drop out the ATF. Lost a bit, but swapping them over quickly meant it was only a dribble

1 - 3 of 3 Posts