RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to get a transmission fluid and filter flush to see if that fixes the problem I've been having (posted in other threads about it), I'm getting a quote of $455 from an independent land rover shop. Does that seem like a fair price? (I've never done a trans flush before)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yes that seems like a good price. The RR trans oil is "super" expensive. I can only imagine what a dealer would quote.....
I will be doing mine at 60k mls.

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
Over here the charge just under €400, so using the current exchange rate you're actually getting a deal. :roll:

One thing I learned when doing my transmission research (see the '2005 td6 GM transmission oil change' thread) is that, depending on the operator and the system, there is a very real possibility of cross contamination between your fluid and that of the previous customer. And if the previous customer's tranny is on the way out and his ATF full of particulate, you could actually end up with 'worse' fluid than you started with. Ask.

cheers
Steve

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I will ask about that. By reading the forums it seems I should ask if they are using oem esso? I actually found a coupon for this place so it ends up being $365 for the flush and new filter.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
When I did mine at 57k miles, it was about $230 for the parts (gasket, filter, fluid) so I think another $100 or so for labor isn't too crazy, sounds about right to me. I might add that it shifts like magic now... I didn't even think I would notice anything since it was perfect before, but I could feel a noticeable difference, I'm very glad I did it. I even get about 0.4 MPG better than before (although I did spark plugs and stuff too, so I don't know exactly what caused the MPG increase).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts