·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
COULD REALLY USE SOME HELP PLEASE
TONIGHT I GOT IN MY 2012 RANGE ROVER SPORT
TO GO TO THE STORE...
AS I PULLED OUT IT FELT LIKE THE CAR DID NOT WANT TO GO FORWARD
BUT IT DID BUT DID NOT FEEL RIGHT BUT ANYHOW I PUT MY FOOT ON THE GAS AND SHE WENT
AS I PULLED DOWN THE ROAD THE CAN DID NOT WANT TO MOVE
BUT LUCKILY I WAS ABLE TO MAKE A UTURN...AND HEADED FOR MY DRIVEWAY
THE CAR DOES NOT WANT TO GO IN REVERSE SO I HAD TO MAKE ANOTHER UTURN ON THE LAWN
AS I APPROACHED THE END OF THE DRIVEWAY I NOTICED WHAT LOOKS LIKE OIL
ALSO MY TRANSMISSION LIGHT CAME ON
PLEASE IF YOU CAN...I CAN USE SOME HELP PLEASE

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
411 Posts
Sir, it seems that you already answered your own question. If you see oil, it must be coming from somewhere. Logical to assume - transmission. Low fluid level will likely result in exactly what you're describing. You'd need to raise your suspension, add some stands for safety - so it would no lower no matter what happens, climb under with flashlight and see where oil is coming from. some guards will probably need to be removed to be able to see the transmission.
gasket can be leaking, sleeve where data cable goes in to transmission sometimes leak or possibly the drain plug. I gain - I can only guess, but that what I would do.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
411 Posts
Shoot. you're in New Rochelle, I heard it is pretty bad over there . How are you holding up?
If you're handy enough, you can manage to open a fill plug and with $10 pump, add some fluid, if it's not leaking so bad, I mean, you probably do not know how long it was leaking till you got to the point being to low for transmission to function. I probably even have the pump. If you technical enough to add some fluid, I am certain I have few bottles of genuine ZF fluid and very likely have a pump - at least yo can drive it to service facility. Let me know - I can UPS it to you.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
61 Posts
just a word of caution if topping off your transmission fluid - depending on how much fluid is in there, you may want to have the engine running when you pump new fluid into it. having the engine on forces the fluid to be swished around the transmission, when the engine is off...you could get a bunch of fluid pouring out the fill hole (ask me how i know lol).

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
708 Posts
To get the fluid level, the engine must be running and gearbox temperature between 35c and 50??c. Fill until fluid runs out the hole.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Shoot. you're in New Rochelle, I heard it is pretty bad over there . How are you holding up?
If you're handy enough, you can manage to open a fill plug and with $10 pump, add some fluid, if it's not leaking so bad, I mean, you probably do not know how long it was leaking till you got to the point being to low for transmission to function. I probably even have the pump. If you technical enough to add some fluid, I am certain I have few bottles of genuine ZF fluid and very likely have a pump - at least yo can drive it to service facility. Let me know - I can UPS it to you.
BROUGHT IT TO LAND ROVER THEY SAID THE LINES ARE BROKEN AND I FROZE ON THE OTHER SIDE SO THEY HAVE TO REPLACE THAT PIECE ALSO
THEN THEY WILL FILL THE OIL TO SEE

1 - 6 of 6 Posts