RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I have a 2013 Range Rover Sport (not the SC version). I received a "Transmission Fault" warning message on the dashboard. Restarted the vehicle and the message went away and hasn't come back. Was this an anomaly common to these vehicles and should I be worried/not worried? Or just take in and have the dealer tell me there's nothing wrong?

Just before the warning flashed, the letter P (for Park) was flashing on and off which was odd. I turned off the truck and restarted it, and that's when I saw the fault transmission message.

Thank you,
RRS2013

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Follow up to my thread above. The "transmission fault" message is on all of the time now, as soon as I place it in drive. Taking truck to dealership for service. Bummer considering the vehicle has just over 30K miles on it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I am NO expert at all on any of these issues. However, I had the same message. I looked at the actual fault message using the GAP IID Tool and checking here for possible answers. It seemed to me that it was a one-time electrical fault. I cleared the fault with the Tool and it never came back.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, the dealer discovered the issue. Apparently, they've seen it with other Range Rovers. They stated that there was a short in the passenger side visor, a wire had come too close to a screw. I did ask them if this was something that happened at the factory but they didn't have an answer here. But, they said that the short in the visor caused a fuse to blow, and that same fuse also controls the electrical for the gear shift which all led to the "transmission fault" message. Is this all plausible? I've got a 1.5 years left on warranty so if it is a transmission problem I guess it will show it's ugly head.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Well, at least it was along the lines I described my "issue" above: It was also an electrical problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had this problem this morning when replacing the Vanity Mirror Case. When starting the engine an engaging Drive a warning on the dash appeared with an orange triangle ' Engine Gearbox Fault'. I saw your post and began looking for the Vanity Light fuse which was number 57 with a 10amp rating. Replaced this and everything works again.

Many thanks for your post it got me out of a panic and a problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank god for this thread, I had the same problem today, freaked me right out, thank god it was just a fuse.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had this problem this morning when replacing the Vanity Mirror Case. When starting the engine an engaging Drive a warning on the dash appeared with an orange triangle ' Engine Gearbox Fault'. I saw your post and began looking for the Vanity Light fuse which was number 57 with a 10amp rating. Replaced this and everything works again.

Many thanks for your post it got me out of a panic and a problem.
Hello,
Thank you so much for posting this!! I was replacing my vanity mirror because the lid broke (both sides). Testing the mirrors both wouldn’t work. I then needed to leave so I drove and got the gear box fault.....
I’m guessing the wires touched while rewiring the mirror.
Came home found this post and replaced Fuse #57! Now everything works again!
So happy!!! Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
All,

I have a 2013 Range Rover Sport (not the SC version). I received a "Transmission Fault" warning message on the dashboard. Restarted the vehicle and the message went away and hasn't come back. Was this an anomaly common to these vehicles and should I be worried/not worried? Or just take in and have the dealer tell me there's nothing wrong?

Just before the warning flashed, the letter P (for Park) was flashing on and off which was odd. I turned off the truck and restarted it, and that's when I saw the fault transmission message.

Thank you,
RRS2013
Follow up to my thread above. The "transmission fault" message is on all of the time now, as soon as I place it in drive. Taking truck to dealership for service. Bummer considering the vehicle has just over 30K miles on it.
hi i am having a same problem with my 2011 Range Rover HSE sport since yesterday.
The transmission fault message comes up on the dash as soon as I put my truck into Drive but when it’s parked there’s no message and the “P” blinks.
Even tho this message goes off when I turn on the headlights.
Can someone please help me with that????
Transmission doesn’t seem to have any problem it runs nice and smooth.
If you get that fixed please help me as well thank you so much!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts