RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this forum so please bare with me .
Here is my problem i have a 2003 l322 with 130,000 miles and i have had no tranny problems or warnings until just the other day. The rover has been driving perfectly got in it the other morning and put it in revers and it felt like the brake was on which wasn't it reversed fine just felt like a drag.
I put it in gear and the motor revved the dropped into second pretty hard then started to slowly move fwd the trans fail-safe came on and stayed on til i restarted the vehicle .
i stopped it immediately and backed it up the driveway and parked it. it backs up fine other than a drag .
any help will be appreciated .
thank you!!

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,369 Posts
I put it in gear and the motor revved the dropped into second pretty hard then started to slowly move fwd the trans fail-safe came on and stayed on til i restarted the vehicle.
Welcome to the forum :)

How sure are you that it was 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] gear? Usually transmission failsafe on the 5HP24 puts you in 4[SUP]th[/SUP] gear – or 5[SUP]th[/SUP] gear if there’s a problem with the A-clutch. Generally, though, reverse is unaffected as it uses different clutches so it’s unusual to have problems with both forwards and reverse. You should really get the fault codes read.

Phil

·
Registered
4 Posts
Phil,

Nit sure what gear it went into so hard I was pretty freaked out when it happend I stopped and backed back up to the garage .
I can put it in drive and it revs (but doesn't move)but I haven't revved it enough to cause it to shift again.i have hooked it up to my allcomms it has no tranny codes but I get battery undervoltage and noise on actuator signal on the transfer box.
I am no where near a Land Rover dealer so I will have to have an independent read the codes and get back with you.
Thank you Phil you are the man.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Phil,

Sorry so long to reply its been a long winter >
so I was able to get out and try the rover again I was able to replicate the problem and noticed it doesn't jump to 5th gear it stays in drive after the thud and the trans failsafe comes on .
i am using rsw solutions allcomms and the only fault i am getting is stuck thermostat.
thanks

·
Registered
385 Posts
Good luck there. I'd hate to see what happens when the water pump fails.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

How sure are you that it was 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] gear? Usually transmission failsafe on the 5HP24 puts you in 4[SUP]th[/SUP] gear – or 5[SUP]th[/SUP] gear if there’s a problem with the A-clutch. Generally, though, reverse is unaffected as it uses different clutches so it’s unusual to have problems with both forwards and reverse. You should really get the fault codes read.

Phil

Phil
I know it’s been a bit but after being out of the country for a few years I got some codes this weekend.
I have three codes
Po340 camshaft position sensor
po730 incorrect gear ratio
po733 gear 3 incorrect ratio

Any advice would be great .
Thanks for your wisdom Phil

Matt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts