RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Since the arrival of cold weather in Colorado it seems that one of my transmission cooler lines is leaking right at the spot the rubber hose is crimped to the metal line near the trans fluid cooler itself (the part that is attached to the radiator). Searching these threads I haven't been able to find one that goes through that procedure. My truck is a 2007 full size 4.4 with the Jag engine and 6 speed transmission. Who else has had to replace these lines? I noticed this first during a cold spell a couple of months ago and kept on eye on it, but then when it warmed up for a while it quit leaking, so I'm assuming it leaks once it gets below 30 degrees or so. I am going to do a transmission fluid service this spring so that will be a good time to replace this line or lines. How difficult is it to replace? Do I have to remove other parts to get to it? I'm not sure how the quick connections to the cooler work. It's the one that connects to the top of the cooler that is leaking. Can anyone give some tips or advice? Thanks in advance!

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,783 Posts
Directions should be available in the shop manual. That'll give you an idea what you are getting into. The line itself is pricey at about $190. If you remove it you can take to a hydraulic specialty shop and have them make you a new one custom for a fraction of the price.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did find how to replace the cooler itself but I couldn't find an instruction on just replacing the line itself. It's in a tight spot. I don't mind paying the price for a new line, so when I'm absolutely sure that's the source, I'll just buy one. Anyone replace these before? Is it a PITA to remove? Thanks all.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still haven't been able to find detailed instructions on how to replace the lines, but I found out that it seems to be easier to get the quick connect lines off the transmission oil cooler with a special tool made just for that purpose. Has anyone taken these lines off? Is the tool necessary or is it easily done by hand? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
21 Posts
pull the wire like clip away from center of hose, about 1/4" it almost snaps in the unlock position. Then just wiggle the hose slightly side to side and the hise comes off.
Now putting it back on and getting a good seal is next to miracle. That is where I am at. Leaking and it's all brand new. I hops my answer will be found here somewhere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts